RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS RISK DISCLOSURE STATEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE TRANSACTING ON THE LEAF ROUND WEBSITE OR LEAF ROUND APPLICATION. BY ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND USING OUR WEBSITE OR APPLICATION, THE USER AGREES TO HAVE FULLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSACTIONS MADE ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND/OR PLATFORM. THE USER FURTHER AGREES TO BEAR THE RISKS ARISING OUT OF THE TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO ON THE PLATFORM.
The User is hereby advised to take note of the risks generally, and in shall particularly note the following:
- Sale, purchase and leasing/licensing of assets on the Website or Application may involve, inter alia, the following risks:
- The licensor may have to endure the risk of break-down of the assets being sold and leased on our Website or Application (the “Asset”), and/or any costs and expenses that may be accrued due to natural wear and tear, or otherwise;
- Licensee’s failure to pay the license fee against the Asset on a timely basis;
- Licensee’s default in remitting the License Fee against the Asset;
- Fraudulent act by the licensee pertaining to licensing and sale of Asset; and
- Like any other transaction, the transactions entered into on our Website and App could result in disputes between the parties to such transactions; including but not limited to disputes pertaining to sale of goods, specific performance, taxation, insolvency, and fraud.
- The terms of sale, licensing and purchase of Assets shall be governed by the terms of the General Terms and Conditions, Terms of Trade for Sellers, Terms of Trade for Buyers, the Licensing Agreement, and any such other agreement that may be entered into between the parties in the course of transacting through the Website or Application.
- Sale, purchase of discounted invoices / actionable claims may involve, inter alia, the following risks:
- Delay in collection of money pertaining to invoice amount, which is outside control of the platform at any time
- Shortfall in collection of money pertaining to invoice amount, which is outside control of the platform at any time
- Chances of intentional fraud by the seller which may not have been detected by the platform
- Possibility that the platform may not have control over funds in seller account in case of bankruptcy proceedings or any notices received from regulatory authorities
- The terms of sale and purchase of discounted invoices or actionable claims shall be governed by the terms of the General Terms and Conditions, the Purchase of Actionable Claims Agreements, and any such other agreement that may be entered into between the parties in the course of transacting through the Website or Application.
- It is hereby clarified that neither PPIPL nor Leaf round is classified as a stock exchange nor a non-banking financial institution under applicable law.
- Any dispute arising out of the transactions on the Website or Application shall be governed by the laws of India, and the courts in Bangalore, Karnataka shall have the sole jurisdiction to adjudicate the disputes arising out of such transactions.